Friday, January 11, 2013

Designer on a Dime

I have an eye for designer things. Even when I am shopping at TJ Maxx or Marshall's, I always manage to pick up the bag or dress that is "marked down" for a steal of $150. I have always been this way, I am my momma's daughter.
Unfortunately, being a college girl trying to pay her way through school leaves little room for the fashionista in me to buy an endless supply of Reva flats, Lilly dresses, Yurman bracelets and Michale Kors watches. One day I hope that I will make enough money to do that, but for now, I am a bargain shopper.
I don't care if my shoes come from Nordstroms or Target because I like to shop to much. Sure, I could spend my money buying $100 shoes at the mall, but I'd rather buy 4 pairs of shoes from DSW or Target for the same price. At the end of the day, what really matters is that I like what I have got, not where it comes from.
Of course, there are other ways to go about getting designer clothing without breaking the bank. For example, today I got two packages from Lilly Pulitzer (I just couldn't justify not going back on a second time to get those dresses). Recently they had their New Years sale and I am not going to say no to dresses that are marked down from $100 to $35. I got my cute Lilly everyday dresses (and some presents for my future little) for a great price. Now, if you missed this sale, that doesn't mean that you are missing out on your Lilly forever. There is actually a facebook group called "re-lilly" dedicated to women who want to get rid of their lightly or never used Lilly dresses and they sell them at great prices. I have never personally used this site, though I plan to, but I have several friends who swear by it. As much as I love Lilly, people will start to notice if I wear the same dress to Gold Cup, Foxfields, and my cousin's graduation this spring. Instead, I am planning on using this site to recycle my dresses and not have to chop up my credit card afterwards.
Also, yes, I realize that 3 of the 5 dresses I bought from the Lilly sale are navy or black. I like basic colors, is that so wrong?!?! (I am trying to break out of that, I swear)

xoxo,
SSP

PS my lovely friend from Mortar and Pastel (@CatholicGirlProbs) pointed out that if you live in the DMV there are some great Lilly sales at the Bethesda, MD and Alexandria, VA stores

No comments:

Post a Comment